Friday, February 20, 2009

Gary Lamourboy, 2009

"I AM MY HIGHEST POWER

"RISE AND SHINE

Rise ritually! Be deliberate, regular, & scheduled.
Shine! See the light! Turn on! Tune in! Use the lights!
Focus on my goals! Prioritize; plan ahead, step by step, towards that future I see myself living.
Recommit first to me, my peace, my serenity, my good health and happiness!
Only then will I make commitments in good faith to others.

MY FOCUS

I am a good, strong, honest man, and will remain confident in that today.
I will not turn coward before its difficulties or prove recreant to its duties.
I choose to live honestly and fearlessly, that no outward failure will dishearten me,
Or take away the joy of conscious integrity.
The eyes of my soul are wide open, I see goodness in all things.
My heart is clean. Within it, I hold the truth and true light.
I set an example for others. My outward spirit, joy, and gladness is inspiring,
And I lend my strengths to those who are less fortunate.
I choose to remain sweet and sound of heart,
Despite others ingratitude, treachery, or meanness.
I will not react to their little stings, or get even.
I will not lose faith in good, honest people.
I am the decider, and the deliverer! I am the better man!


MY RESOLVE

I will live a simple, sincere, and serene life,
Promptly repelling negative thoughts of discontent, anxiety, discouragement, and selfishness,
Cultivating cheerfulness, magnanimity, charity, and discretion,
Exercising economy in expenditure, generosity in giving, carefulness in conversation,
Diligence in appointed service, fidelity to every trust, and confidence in myself.
In particular, I will be faithful to the good habits of meditation, work, study, physical exercise, eating, and sleep that my own knowledge and experience has shown me to be right.
On my honor, I resolve to remain focused on the light in my life,
To do this from my own strengths and lean on no o thers,
And to do all that may be done to be a better human being today.


SO BE IT--AMEN!"

Gary Lamourboy, 2009

No comments: